February 11, 2014

Life Lately


One. Amazing hot coffee from Domincan Joe's, this fresh organic coffee shop in a little plaza next to my office. perfect way to warm up in this crazy cold Texan weather.

Two. Friday night we went to this bar called "Baker St. Pub" off South Lamar for the first time. It is identical to Sherlocks which was my favorite North Austin bar that I held annual birthday bashes at! I was so excited. Malford Milligan was actually there - he was a contestant in "The Voice"... he got up and sang it was so fun! Scottie and Denise danced to it too. And no way - I am not the crazy person yelling in the background.  ;-)


Three. Recently I took a work from home day to take videos care of my best friend D who got her wisdom teeth surgically removed. It was a fun morning and got some great videos and snapchats of her coming off anesthesia, also got to enjoy mac n cheese for lunch and watch movies while she slept. #win

Four. This is what happens when we stay at home getting #turntup. Huxley basket races. He looks terrified in the picture haha but that was only cause he was in the air. We have too much fun with this little chunk.

Five. Sakeeee! Finally had a sushi date with friends last week and let's just say we almost got kicked out of the restaurant...oops. It was so fun though. I had been craving sushi for MONTHS. It hit the spot.

Six. Cuddles with my boys, I'm under the blanket. Yes, Huxley sleeps with his eyes open. Creepy demon puppy. <3

Seven. Date night Saturday night after relaxing ALL DAY LONG. It was so very needed. We watched a ton of Netflix movies and lounged around. This was at Jaliscos, our little TexMex restaurant less than 5 minutes away from the house. Nothing better than fajitas and a strawberry margarita with your love.

Eight. Curly hair, don't care! I am loving my new haircut so much, it is so much easier to do your hair! This is actually me today, my girls and I have a "Galentines Dinner" at Matt's El Rancho. Can't wait!

Nine. Last night's dinner. Since it was Scott's first day at his new job and I had a long day as well, we threw a pork shoulder into the crockpot with Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce and some onions bright and early, and when we got home the house smelled delicious and we enjoyed some pulled pork tacos! Recipe here!

Ten. I went to Orthodontist yesterday and...... exactly 1 month until my braceface is off forever!! I am so excited, I've had them on for two years, and it has been a great experience but I cannot wait for beautiful teeth!!!!
Take a good look, these babies are comin' off soon!

Life lately has been so fulfilling, fun, exciting, stressful, and crazy... I couldn't ask for a better life though! We finally have made it through the two and half months telling my mom we're moving back to Louisiana to live in a trailer in front of her house, and now are back on to saving money and feeling secure and stable. :-)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! 

No comments: