Happy New Year! It seems I am the worst blogger in the history of bloggers and have been off and on blogging for 5 years now. One of my major goals is to start back up my blog and not for the reasons of gaining followers (although if that comes with my blogging, that is wonderful!) and not for the reasons of anything else but to document my journey as a new wife, a future mom, and to document all my recipes as I've been trying so many new things in the kitchen.
I have a lot of catching up to do, and so I am listing my Post-Goals so I can hopefully write these and publish them to the blog. I also will be revamping my blog making it completely a new face and design, and renaming it. Since I'm not a Maggio anymore, my blog name has gotten quite irrelevant. I'm thinking of new names right now but it is so hard and sometimes I feel extremely NON-creative so bare with me on that one! The running contender right now is... Wine Down with the Owens. We'll see... :-)
So! Onto my Post-Goals of 2016:
1. 3rd Annual Naughty White Elephant Party: This is my favorite party and sometimes the only major party I host every year with my favorite girls. We exchange naughty gifts by the fire while eating my famous Chicken & Sausage Gumbo and drinking copious amounts of wine.
2. Christmas 2015: Self explanatory but this year was special as we got to spend the entire week leading up to Christmas with the family in Louisiana.
3. Wedding: Can't wait!
4. Honeymoon: St. Lucia post.... get ready to swoon.
5. Bachelorette/Bridal Shower: NOLA Bach and a very dehydrated hung over Bridal Shower... can't wait to post about this one.
6. Rehearsal Dinner/Thoughts Leading Up to Wedding/Being My Own Planner
7. Recipes: So many new ones, obviously this will be many posts.
8. Save the Dates, Invites, Christmas Cards: Need to showcase the cuteness.
9. Best Friend's Wedding: That's right, my bestie of almost 15 years got married a few months after me and I can't wait to share about it.
10. Vegas Birthday: My hubby Scottie surprised me with a trip to Vegas (my first time) for my 27th Birthday.
I also plan to post more about my fitness journey as I've started to really focus on my health and getting fit back in November. I've only lost a few pounds so far and I've had a ton of cheat days so this is definitely a work in progress, but I am doing this for me before I have children I want to be able to be confident in my own skin and work on creating a healthy habit lifestyle to carry on.
Can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for me, my family, and I will blog all about it!