January 30, 2014

Photo An Hour Link Up

As I have been slowly getting back into the swing of all things blogging, I have been looking for some fun linkups to participate in so that I can meet new bloggers and reconnect with old blogfriends. I was so excited hearing that Steph and Meg were launching a "Photo An Hour" linkup, so I decided to recap this past Tuesday... one of our "Snowpocalypse" days.



7:30am: Morning cuddles with Huxley, believe it or not he is ALWAYS the last one out of bed.
8:30am: Email from the boss saying "come in when you can" so I light a fire, make coffee, and watch fresh prince. I love ice days!
9:30am: Snoozing with Huxley on the couch by the fire. Still in PJs. Working-ish from home for the morning. Still too icey to get out on the roads.
11:30am: Attempting to make it to work alive. No really. Look at all that ice on my house!
12:30pm: Made it to work in one piece. This is my usual morning ritual. Check emails, drink iced coffee, and eat a banana.
1:30pm: Since Jan 1, been trying to get into the habit of drinking way more water. I got myself a bubba keg that holds 64oz and it really helps! I haven't been able to finish it in a day, but getting closer!
2:30pm: Because everyone takes selfies in the work bathroom, right? Wearing my cute scarf Helen got me for Christmas from Tarjay. So warm and pretty!
3:30pm: Checking up on the blogpost I wrote earlier in the day about Surviving the Austin Snowpocalypse.
4:30pm: Looking at all the hilarious posts on FB of all the people making fun of Austin because one drop of ice and the whole city shuts down. Hey I wasn't complaining, I had a 4 hour workday.
5:30pm: Gym time at Suzy's Apt. Leg day after 30 minutes cardio. We did this workout for legs and I am still so sore today.
6:30pm: Wine at Suzy's, perfect for post workout. ;-) Just waiting for our show to come on.
7:30pm: Enjoying our guilty pleasure, Pretty Little Liars. I am so addicted to this show, anyone else?
8:30pm: Dinner at home. Scottie made us blackened tilapia with black beans topped with Avocado. DELISH.
9:30pm: Watching TV with Huxley and Scottie, my favorite part of my nights. Love my boys.
10:00pm: Ridiculous re-runs. I like this show WAY better than Tosh.O. I think the videos are much funnier, too.
10:30pm: In bed, of course Huxley sleeps like a human in between us, under covers, head on pillow even sometimes. Usually sprawled out by middle of the night. Spoiled rotten brat! We are usually in bed/passed out by 10:30-11:00pm most nights.

My life isn't all that exciting, but the best part about lately is that I've gotten into a great routine of eating healthier, drinking more water, and working out 3-5 times a week. Let's hope it does something by this summer!!

I love this linkup because if you're like me, I love knowing what's going on in other peoples lives and it is a great way to connect and find people that you have things in common with! Here is the link again for the Photo An Hour LinkUp  and I encourage you to check out and see what other people have written about!

Have a great Thursday, friends!

3 comments:

Meg O. said...

Austin's snowpocalpyse looks a lot like Houston's!! HAHA! Love that scarf. Thanks for linking up with us!!!

Stephanie Delmonico said...

I'm totally obsessed with PLL!! Where did you get the bubba keg? I need one of those!

Unknown said...

I'm so very glad to see you back in the blogging world!!! And yep, I'm with you on PLL...only I'm a season behind because I started on Netflix and didn't finish in time to start the current season! I'm dying to know what's going on!