November 18, 2014

Homemade Chicken and Kale Soup

This past weekend we had Scott's sister, dad, and our baby nieces in town. We got to show them the venue (they loved it!!), did lots of movie watching, smores making by the fire, and music playin/singing in the garage. I also attended my girlfriend Nicole's baby shower, can't wait for Baby Anthony to be here!! The family left yesterday and we are always sad to see them go, but we are pooped! Looking forward to a weekend filled with relaxation and good food at our Friendsgiving on Sunday.

Rylee is gettin' some teeth!! // Nicole's Baby Shower

It has been pretty chilly in Austin the past week and a half, but I am loving it. Winter is my favorite... I love the winter clothes,fires at home, I love any excuse to cuddle up super close to Scottie and Huxley (and Bailey now) and then of course all the Holidays where I get to see my family who lives 8 hours away and Scottie's family that lives 5 hours away...

Last night we were excited to get home and start a fire imediately, and I knew I wanted to make a soup! I already had most of these ingredients on hand, so I literally just had to stop and get a bunch of kale for $1, and I was ready to go! This recipe is SO easy and while we're on this Yeast Free diet right now trying to trim down for the wedding, it was able to fill us up perfectly and we even had tons extra to bring to work today. 

Homemade Chicken and Kale Soup
servings, 8
time, 15 min prep, 45 minutes

Ingredients:
2-3 Large Chicken Breasts
32 oz Organic Chicken Stock 
1 Bunch Kale
6 Organic Carrots
1 Bunch Celery
1 Onion
Sea Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Prep: chop kale, celery, carrots, and onion, and set aside for the soup.
2. Using a stockpot, bring 32oz organic chicken stock to a boil, and refill the 32oz. container with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil and add chicken and all other ingredients except for the kale. Lower heat to medium and cook for 45 minutes. Chicken will be fully cooked - you can hold the chicken with a spoon against the pot and should be firm.
3. Shred Chicken (easy as removing chicken from pot to shred with 2 forks, and putting back in).
4. Stir in the kale.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve piping hot.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Fires and cuddling and soup are all really good things in my book!