October 2, 2013

Four Bean Hearty Chili

To have the perfect recipe in time for fall and football season, I have been looking around to find a chili recipe that is not only flavorful, but hearty and easy to make. I had pinned a few recipes here and there on Pinterest but what really caught my eye was Katie's 4 Bean Chili on her blog. I tweaked it a little as we had guests (bunch of guys for football) so I took out the carrots and added some beef, but WOW was this chili amazing and so flavorful.

Four Bean Hearty Chili
Servings: 4-6

Ingredients:
5 Cloves Garlic
1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
3 Celery Sticks, Chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 15oz can Diced Tomatoes (No Salt Added)
1 15oz can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis 
1 15oz can Kidney Beans
1 15oz can Pinto Beans
1 15oz can Black Beans
1 15oz can Chili Beans
1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Salt (to taste)
3 Cups Veggie Broth

Directions:
1. Sautee the garlic, the "holy trinity" (celery, bell peppers, and onions), and let simmer for a few minutes in the olive oil.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil for about 15 minutes.
3. If the chili is at the consistency you want, it is ready to serve. For me, I like mine thicker and heartier, so I brought down to "low" setting and continued to simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes or so, and it was PERFECT.

Top with anything from sour cream to cheese to chives or fritos, this chili is delicious, and was a huge hit at our football party!







Enjoy!

No comments: