September 7, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies

Yesterday and today have been crazy! I had a flat on labor day (no big deal) and thought I was soooo lucky for getting away with a $10 fix... well I knew I was too quick to start bragging because my starter went out when I was at the grocery store last night at 830p! :( BOOOO!


 I've spent all day today price quoting all these crazy companies wanting me to pay a fortune for a $110 part! Anyway, finally negotiated to a fair price of $220 for diagnostics and everything - which is great considering the first company was pricing me over $400! Ridiculous, no?? 


Well that's my venting for the day. I have to admit I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed that my car was out of commission last night because it's a key essential item of my life - but then I felt REALLY guilty about all of it because of knowing all these families that have lost their homes, cars, pets, livestock, the list could go ON due to all the fires in Central, TX. (Bastrop, Leander, pretty much everywhere surrounding Austin). I felt so bad for being so selfish, and I do understand it's okay to be stressed, so I prayed about it (my thoughts and prayers are with all firefighters, families, friends who were effected by this disaster and/or had to evacuate) and I listened to some good music, watched some funny tv shows and house hunters (love it), and relaxed to start feeling better.... 


and seriously, who could be stressed or feel bad when you see this little angel...


It's too cute, he LOVES pig toys and football toys, (but pigs more!)


I also made some of these:


Cake Mix Cookies


Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite cake mix
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water

I got this recipe from Courtney over at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life - and IT WAS DELICIOUS! Not to mention easy, did you see that short ingredient list? Ahh yes... and check out these easy peasy directions, yo!


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until dough forms
3. Take spoonfuls and roll into balls and place about two inches apart on a non stick baking sheet
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes
5. Let cool, decorate with favorite icing and enjoy! 


Easy right?? 






As you can see, I have a muffin pan in there... why you may ask? I had extra dough and made three small muffins! They're in the back though... lol they came out good! Who doesn't love chocolate for breakfast? Hehe


These cookies were so incredibly delicious and you'll find me making them a lot more with fun extra added ingredients! They are soft gooey cookies with so much delicious flavor - and you can tell the devils chocolate was just what i needed to turn my frown upside down! :) Now I'm off to go on a little jog with Huxley to burn all these cals! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of this short week!


AND I leave you with... Huxley's demon eyes! :) hehe so creepy and cute!


No comments: