September 29, 2011

I LOVE DVR

With all of these new series premieres these past two weeks, Scottie and I have come to fall in looooove with DVR! Here are some shows we are lovin' right now.


THE X FACTOR
source
The X Factor is surprisingly really good. A lot of it reminds me of American Idol, but it's just those singers that audition in front of thousands of people (not to mention L.A. Reid, Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls, Paula Abdul, and Simon!?)... the singers that are good and get cheered on and voted for - I cry during this show lol! It's like we are watching someones dream come true for the first time. Can't wait to see what happens next! (this below video at the end made me cry like a baby...)






*************

TERRANOVA
source
We had only recorded this first episode of Terranova just to see what it was about. It was extremely suspenseful from beginning to end! Basically, the story-line follows an ordinary family on a journey back in time to the prehistoric Earth as a small part of a daring experiment to save the human race. It starts in 2149, and the world is dying. Everything is overdeveloped and overcrowded, and most plants and animals are extinct. So this journey is to try to rebuild civilization and have a second chance to get it right this time. Little do they no it's not the paradise they were expecting... So interesting - we recorded the whole series!






*************


THE PLAYBOY CLUB

I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorite shows this season. The Playboy Club! This is a crazy series! I missed the first week, but you bet it's recorded for the full season. It basically centers the bunnies and the patrons from the original Playboy Club in Chicago in the 1960s. So suspenseful, sexy, and I love it!






*************


BAD GIRLS CLUB
source
I don't normally watch the Bad Girls Club, but this season is very special to myself and Ruthie, as we are good friends with and went to high school with one of the bad girls! I am nervous as hell as I watch this because our friend, Cheyenne, is in the middle of a bunch of crazy girls in this house in New Orleans! I remember when Chey and I were working out at the gym just a month before she left to record the show she was kind of nervous too, but was so ready to take it on. I love this girl! You guys should watch it and support her! :-) love you Chey! You can follow her on twitter @ShaeBaby07e.




*************

ONE TREE HILL
source
Okay. So I know One Tree Hill's new season isn't out until January, but I had to do this. This show has been almost like a plague to all the girls in my family, all my girl friends, and to some of the blog girls like Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life, and a lot of my girl friends at Dell. At first I thought this show was a goofy show that I wasn't about to watch. Well, my friend Olivia ALWAYS made me watch it when I came over and eventually what do you know? I bought seasons 1-7, and am now about to buy season 8. I've watched every episode made because it is so addicting. I mail my mom and sister the seasons when I'm done watching them. It's crazy! The show is basically a realistic soap opera about 20 something people. Sophia Bush is one of my favorite rising actresses and plays "Brooke" in this show - and is a young successful designer who is strong minded, caring, and hilarious. She even does one of my favorite dances, the Molly Ringwald dance...




I highly recommend it, but don't make your men watch it -- Scott hates it... haha!


*************


Last but certainly the most important one... 


***NFL FOOTBALL***
source
From fantasy football to watching my Saints play, there is a huge bond with myself and football. I grew up with 4 boys so there was nothing but sports, wrestling, and basketball in our house. I loved every minute! So yes, every Sunday you will see me with a laptop and a beer in my hand cheering on my fantasy team and watching games with Scottie! It's seriously my favorite time of year!


We also watch House Hunters, Family Guy, Seinfield (duh who doesn't love the Elaine Dance!?) and the OCCASSIONAL Conan when there is a fab celebrity on... but these are my favs!


What shows are you loving right now??? I want to know so I can catch an episode!! 


PS. Stay tuned for a post from Scottie tomorrow as we link up with Mrs. T Naturally!!

1 comment:

... said...

Thanks for your sweet words! :) I am in love with my DVR too!