September 28, 2011

Louisiana Love

Today I'm linking up with Michelle over at The Vintage Apple for "Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesdays!" I just found out yesterday that Scottie and I are taking a road trip to my home town, Baton Rouge, at the end of October. I've been trying to visit for a while but our work schedules have been so busy and haven't been able to go. I planned most of the year to get this time off to go so I can see my Dad, as it will be the 1 year mark of his going with the Lord on Oct. 31st. I can't believe it's been a whole year...


Another reason is to stay at my mom's new house she just bought and has no idea how to decorate it! I have been trying to get her on Pinterest but I guess we'll just have to decorate together!! Super excited about that.

Lastly, for as long as Scott and I have been together (4 years and counting...), we've never been able to go to Lousiana together, so guess who is about to meet my whole fam?! His family and mine are a lot alike and both come from real small towns so I think it's going to go great! :-)



Plus the LSU TIGERS are ranked #1 right now (ahhhhhh yeahhh!!)
Geaux Tigers!! Tiger town is going to be awesome!

So for today's link up,
my theme is going to be "Louisiana Love".... enjoy!

source

source

source

source

source
 
source

source

source

source


source

source

source

source
 I can't wait to go home!! :-)

Before I get back to work, I am also linking to my older brother Jeff's blog as he is training for a marathon race that he has started in honor of our dad and raising funds for the Esophageal Cancer Education Foundation. Basically raising money to help the research of this cancer, as most of everyone who finds out about having this cancer they are already at stage 3, like my dad who only found out 6 weeks beforehand. Check out his blog below, I am so so proud of him!


I am so proud of my brother for all of his hard work!

If you think that's awesome, look at my sister-in-law, his wife Jennifer. I have to brag on these two as they are a power couple! Jennifer is an amazing author of two books about Single Parenting and her journey as she grew close to God and she has appeared on the 700 club show twice and travels around the US encouraging and helping Single mothers all around! Below is a link to her blog which can lead you to her books, videos, etc!

Check out her #1 Amazon books here and here!

I am so lucky and blessed to have such amazing siblings who are so close with God and encourage others and make such a huge difference in peoples lives! I can only hope once I earn my RN degree I can start doing the same. For starters though, Ruthie is going to be so excited that we are attending a church for the first time in years, and it happens to be Gateway!

For so long I've never turned the radio station off of Christian music because it brightens my day and I can't even describe the connection I feel to my dad when I listen to it. I can be enjoying my day thoroughly driving to the mall or to work and start tearing up with all the love I have for God and my dad when I hear it in music. It's amazing... and I'm so excited to extend that horizon and start growing closer and closer within the Church. :-) EEK!

Sorry for the long post but I felt like I just had so much to say!! hehe... have a great day everyone!



google

3 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

this is so cute Amanda!! I will be thinking about you on Oct 31 and your dad/family. And goodluck to Scottie!! I took Jon to CHicago 2 Julys ago to meet the whole family...I am sure it can be overwhelming!

Breeann said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! And, thanks for following! I love your blog :) xoxo

Jill @ Momma Totally in Love said...

This is very cute! I found you via Mrs T and Im now following! Looking forward to reading your blog
http://www.mommatotallyinlove.com