So what's the best types of foods to cook when your schedule is super busy? Crock pot meals! Start it up in the morning, eat it up in the evening :) Love it!
Yesterday I made crock pot brisket. Brisket is one of my faaaaavorite meats, brisket breakfast tacos, bbq brisket tacos, brisket sammys, etc). You can literally make anything taste great with brisket. :) Can you tell I love it?
This is also a big-time budget friendly recipe. I fed 4 people with this brisket, and guess how much it was at the store?
$4.40 whopping dollars! Check it out....
1-1.5 lb corned beef brisket
1 medium WHITE onion (i only had red... but it still added amazing flavor!)
1 handy dandy crockpot
1. Take out thawed brisket and season any way you would like. (I just used the tiny pack of seasoning it came with) Place in crockpot.
2. Chop up your onion and place all around the brisket and underneath.
3. Fill water about 1/4 of the way covering almost all of the brisket.
4. Set crockpot to low for 8hrs or high for 4-5 hours.
5. Once fully cooked, let cool and then cut into small slices (or for tacos you can chop or pull apart - it's so tender!)
Next, top with BBQ sauce or anything of your choice, put on a sandwich thin, bread, tortilla, whatever your heart desires.
Make sure you don't forget the onions!
And for sides, I made my favorite: Roasted Cauliflower
Mmmmmm..... I definitely recommend this to anyone that likes brisket or loves easy budget friendly meals that are delish. :)
Off to take Huxley on his first big walk/run outside! Will post videos of course hehe.