May 22, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie/10 Day Cleanse

For a few weeks now, I've been trying to start this 10 day cleansing process from Advocare. With all the traveling and fun events going on I've put it off a bit...okay a lot... a lot of what has to do about it is that the pills I am supposed to take are sooo big! :( So I started the working out, eating right, and drinking water for sure! Just no pills... so yesterday - I decided to overcome this "wigging" out phase I have on taking stupid horsepills and just doing it! Of course Scott was staring at me laughing and waiting... so I grabbed those suckers and stepped outside on the patio (just in case I were to make a fool of myself and spit the pills out or something haha - yes I know how ridiculous I sound).


This is the cleanse I'm doing, and now that I actually took the pills I'm supposed to be taking, I tackled the first day!! Yay! It's part of a 24 day challenge that I am doing. It's a total body detox and I have heard from many close friends that are doing it and have done it to be successful, your total body fat % goes down, and you typically lose an average between 12-20lbs in the 24 days. Your food diet is different as it's almost ZERO carb diet & no alcohol, smoking, any drink besides water or protein shake, etc. We'll see how it goes! I am hoping it works well to get me back into motion here.


What amazes me about the little energy drinks and fiber drinks the cleanse came with, they ACTUALLY taste really good!! That makes me happy, cause if something doesn't taste good, I don't care what nutritional value you are, I won't drink you!

So for breakfast yesterday, I had a greek yogurt with this new banana flaxseed with honey and dried blueberries, it was soo good!



My second meal was at 10:30am which I ate up a handful of almonds unsalted. Mehh I like mixed nuts better that are lightly salted.. I know these are healthier though AND kept me full til lunch!

I won't even go into detail about luch cause it was gross! Lemon Pepper Tiliapia with veggies... a healthy chocie low sodium meal... NEVER again. I will make my own meals from now on thank you!

I went and tanned & then drank my Spark Energy drink (tasted exactly like fruit punch, yum!) & for dinner I broiled some Salmon and sided with black beans and asperagus. One of my favorite no-carb meals with tons of proteins and veggies :-).

Today I made a green monster smoothie! Basically a regular protein shake with an extra kick of veggies (that you can't even taste!)


Added in some of theeeeeeese:

source

Green Monster Smoothie:

1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1-2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 large handful of spinach
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (You can also use regular milk, coconut milk, etc)
1 Cup Ice

Blend until smooth and drink away!


Confession: Okay, so the 4 Omega pills I have to take are even BIGGER than the health cleanse ones... so I chopped em up into powder form and put them in my smoothie.

Done and Done!

Yesterday I did an interval workout on the elliptical, and it kicked my bootay! Does anyone have other great workouts that are awesome for fat burning and muscle tone? Cause I am definitely looking for other great workouts too. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This definitely looks like a tasty cleanse to me :) I'm glad it's off to a great start!