August 31, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Diablo and Roasted Green Beans

During the last two weeks my sales team had a potluck, and I had made these little critters consisting of Buffalo Chicken Bites (which I found on Pinterest), Garlic Chicken Puffs (also found on Pinterest), and little Diablo Croissants that I made on my own. 




They were a huge hit and were gone in about 5 minutes! 


Anyway,


I had a lot of cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and chives left over, so I put my taste buds to work and put together a fabulously delicious recipe!


Stuffed Chicken Diablos




Ingredients:
3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many ppl)
4 oz cream cheese
handful of chives
about 2 diced up jalapenos
4 slices of low sodium bacon 
1 pinch seasoning of your choice (i use the no-salt tony's seasoning for a cajun kick!)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350* and then bake your chicken breasts for about 40 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped jalps (no seeds!!), chives, and cream cheese (you'll want to heat the cream cheese for about 10 seconds in the microwave so you can mix it well).
3. After chicken is cooked, let it cool for about 5 minutes, and then slice it almost all the way in half on the side so you can fill it with the stuffing.
4. At this point, you'll cook the 4 slices of bacon, and after cooled wrap around the chicken breasts. (If I did anything different with this recipe, I probably would have cooked the bacon and diced it, and add it to the mixture so there'd be more in every bite! So good!)




If you have a particular veggie of choice, go ahead and get that out! Scott's and my favorite way to eat veggies is ROASTED which I first started doing after reading Julie's blog over at Peanut Butter Fingers


The oven is already preheated from the chicken, so lightly oil the pan and sprinkle some seasoning on the veggies and stick em in. It usually takes about 25 minutes. You can probably place the veggies in on the top rack of the oven halfway through your chicken baking. 




Roasted green beans are soooo delicious! My other favorites are broccoli and cauliflower! As you can see the last part of the dish was a little bit of cheesy shells from leftovers another night.


This meal is so amazing and we just about licked our plates. :) 


Today I'm in my second day of training, and also Huxley's second day of being the center of attention... hehe. Here's a little pic of my little cutie before I head back to work from lunch!


King Of the House :-) 

2 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

awwwwwww I am so glad Im not the only one who dresses up my boy dog! ha. he is such a cutie!

Amanda said...

Ruthie- hahah yes. this is the only outfit i bought for him a looong time ago! there will be more i'm sure ;)