So we whipped up some insanely delcious appetizers - and each one was a huge hit! I barely have leftovers! If you have not made any of these three, you are missing out!
First things first, Dusty's and Ruthie's
Bacon & Cheese Bread Bowl Appetizer
1 Round Loaf King's Hawaiian Bread
2 Small Packets of Bacon Bits (2.5oz)
1 Cup Chopped Onions
2 Cups Shredded Cheese (I used 1 Cup Cheddar, 1 cup Jalapeno & Jack Cheese Blend)
1 Cup Reduced Fat Mayo
1/2 Cup Shaker Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut the center of the bread into a circle like you would a Soup Bread Bowl. Keep the inside of the bread (as you see in picture it can be used as dippers!) Also keep bread in original pan it came in.
3. In Medium Sized Bowl, mix Bacon, Onions, Cheese, & Mayo, then pour into the center of the braed bowl.
4. Cover loaf with Aluminum foil and place on baking sheet, then bake for 30 minutes. Uncover then bake for an additional 10 minutes (and keep an eye on the outside of the bread so it doesn' burn).
5. Grab some dippers and enjoy! I used some Ruffles Chips, Celery, and Bread pieces, but you can also use crackers, etc.
Next thing we made was my latest success,
Baked Chicken & Spinach Flautas
1 lb Boneless Chicken Thighs
16 oz Beer
2 Cups Water
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 Jalepeno Pepper (Minced)
3 Cups Baby Spinach (Chopped)
Flour or Whole Wheat Tortillas (This yields 10, and we use HEB fresh homemade tortillas)
6 oz Queso Quesadilla or other melting cheese (Shredded)
1 tbsp Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
Salsa, Sour Cream, or Ranch for Serving
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Put Chicken thighs in a deep sauceman with beer and water. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred it. Mix together the chicken and seasonings.
3. Pour out all but 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the jalepeno and spinach and cook over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
4. Take a normal dinner spoon and measure that for how much chicken you put in the tortilla (you don't want it overflowing. Then Spinach/Jap and Cheese and roll up as tightly as you can, then place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Brush the flautas with the olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them and bake an additional 8-10 minutes. (Or until Crispy)
Serve with Salsa, Sour Cream, or Ranch
Then, we made a new similar to the above recipe we found on Pinterest,
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
4 Cups of Chicken, shredded
12 soft Flour Tortillas
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
4 oz Light Philly Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup Frank's Hot Wing Sauce
1/3 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Mrs. Dash
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. In a small saucepot over medium low heat, melt butter
3. Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, stir to combine for 1 minute
4. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and cmopltely combined with butter and spices
5. Whisk in hot sauce and milk, then simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
6. Combine Chicken and Sauce
7. Lay out tortillas, and fill about 1/3 cup chicken with 2 tbsp mozzarella then roll tightly and placeon a greased baking sheet. Repeat until Chicken is gone.
8. Brush taquitos with Oil on all sides and bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for anothe 8-10 minutes. Until golden brown.
Serve with Bleu Cheese Dressing, Ranch, and/or Sour Cream and Celery Sticks.
Okay, is your mouth watering yet? These appetizer dishes were absolutely incredible and will be made again and again for future parties.
What are your favorite go-to appetizer dishes!?