Friday, we celebrated my little Huxley's 1st Birthday. I initially was attempting to make a cake for him at first, but why not make smaller portions almost in bite size treats for him instead!? He didn't mind..... in fact he barely could take his eyes off these delish muffins when I was snappin' pics... hehe
As you can tell, Huxley was swooning over the yummy smell and couldn't wait to plant his whole face in the plate! I highly recommend this all-natural treat for your pup, and it was super simple to make. So I'm postin' the recipe for all you fur-moms that love pampering your little chunk of cuteness like I do.
Peanut Butter & Carrot Puppy Cupcakes
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together flour and baking soda
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
4. Pour mixture into a 12 cupcake cups in non-stick muffin pan (or you can spray w/ veg oil)
5. Bake for 30 minutes (they will brown but you can use a toothepick in center to make sure its cooked)
6. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
Note: I initially was going to top these with low-fat cottage cheese and decorate with some leftover carrot pieces - but Huxley had enough waiting so we skipped straight to the eatin' part! :-)
Huxley absolutely LOVED these little cupcakes! Although Scott & my brother thought it was a little silly to make a dog food/birthday cake (and blow out a candle w/ him hehe) - I love spoiling my little fur-muffin in any way that I can. :-)
Do you make treats for your puppy?
What kind of all-natural dog recipes do you love to make?