November 26, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving this year was just perfect! As some of you know, besides my older brother Chris who just moved to town, I live about 8 hours from any family. For Scottie, his Dad is the only one that lives within 4 hours. We also have little Huxleyman! So it was a small get together - but I'm pretty sure I cooked for an army. Hey, that's what it's all about, right?! :)

This was my second year making Thanksgiving Dinner - except it was pretty special this time as Scottie got a smoker from my mom's fiance, Al, and decided to smoke the Turkey! Our day was spent cooking, watching football, drinking wine/beer, and sharing with each other what we were most thankful for and reminiscing memories over the years.

Below is a recap in pictures!











Today we're both back up at work for sales. Black Friday was pretty good as I only shop ONLINE - but work was a little slow. Got some pretty great deals on some gifts for Scottie and Huxley though! Will post recipes for the sides/entrees/desserts this week!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you had lots of yummy food!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

We had pea salad and eggs too! I have a great recipe on my blog on it. Easy and yummy. Your turkey day look "full filling" Love your blog!

Liz Taylor said...

So cute, everything look delicious including the veggie turkey. Love that idea. You are so cute. XO