November 24, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

What I'm thankful for this year...



Over four years, we've been through so much - I am so thankful that God brought us together. It melts my heart and makes me feel complete every time I come home to this special guy at night! Thank you Scott, for always being there, and making every day so fun for us. You're always making me laugh and always supporting me through everything I do. I love you!





Since August when we brought you home, you have filled our lives with so much joy and have shown us how much we can love a little chunky mess like you! Huxley Owens is the best pup we could have ever wanted. So well behaved, so funny, fearless, sweet and always wanting to have a snuggle fest with mom and dad! I love you little man. Yes, you can have some Turkey today :)





I'm so grateful to be blessed by having a sister. I grew up all my life with a bunch of BOYS so when I was 10 and my mom told me I was going to have a little sister - I flipped! Maddie brings so much fun into my life and I always bring out my craziest fun side when I'm with her. We can be totally embarrassing, ridiculous, and have a great time taking Red Bull shots and gossiping about the cute boys at her school! Maddie is the light of my life and I wish she lived closer! 



I am so thankful for my four crazy brothers. They are the reason I love sports, fantasy football, mud riding, wrestling, and not being afraid to take chances! I am so blessed to have brothers of all ages! Ranging from 40, to 34, to 19, and to 11 - these boys truly are always there for me and are SO protective of their sisters. I couldn't ask for sweeter guys who love their families. 




Thankful for my wonderful Mom who has raised all these crazy kids and raised them right. I am so proud of her and grateful for how courageous she is and hope I can one day be the kind of mom she is. Always so loving, willing to do anything it takes to make us happy and give us a good life. We've been through divorce, bankruptcy, job loss, moving tons as a family - and with 5 kids it can be really hard. I am thankful to have had a relationship with my mom where we've been best friends through it all. She is everything to me, and I can't thank her enough to helping me shape the woman I am today. 




I am so thankful for my Dad...




As you have read, my daddy passed away October 31st, 2010 after a 6 week long diagnosis of Esophageal Cancer. I am thankful for not being angry. I'm thankful for the love he's giving me all my life to be strong, and I'm thankful he got to be with God and not in any pain anymore. I'm thankful that when he left this world, I was literally holding him. I love you Dad... so grateful for everything you've done for me and our family.




Thankful for all of my girlfriends!


Thankful for spending the most important day of my best friend Ashley's life as her bridesmaid in her wedding this past April.



So thankful for my job and these amazing people I work with! Dell has been so great to me, and I truly enjoy working for this company!

I am also thankful for the opportunity of starting this blog. I am blessed to have gotten to know so many of you and become friends with other bloggers. Also thankful to have met some bloggers! :) Thank you for reading and thanks for being so supportive. Love you all!


Most of all, I'm thankful for God's grace. This year has been huge for me as I've discovered a deeper part of my faith and am continuing to grow and attend church and start groups. I am so excited to see what the future holds. :)



Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for today???

1 comment:

Anne588 said...

I love how you talk about your family. I wish I could say I wasn't angry for God taking people I love away from me.