November 1, 2011

Guest Post: Home is with You

Today Mallorie from Home is with You is guest posting! Just found out this girl is going to be an Austinite in a few short months and can't be mor excited!! She has the cutest Etsy shop and is married to a musician! Show this gorgeous girl some love! :) Thanks Mallorie!!

************************************

Hey guys, I'm Mallorie and I write over at Home is with you... On my blog you can find recaps of my husband and I's adventures, recipes, and my thoughts on life in general.


People often ask me what it's like to be a musician's wife. And I tell them about how wonderful it is to hear him singing and playing his guitar random times throughout the day. I talk about how fun it is meeting all the new people at his shows and on Twitter (and now through my blog), and how it has really helped me come out of my shell and not be so shy. And how I still get butterflies when he uses my name in a song or talks about me on stage...


But the truth is that is only part of it...I've written on my blog before about how we struggle with money. We get asked all the time about getting "real jobs" and that can wear on a person. Dave and I work harder than a lot of people we know that have "real jobs". The amount of things we could be doing to help get his name out there and make sure even just one more person hears his songs is never ending.


We are constantly reminding ourselves to slow down and take breaks, but it can be hard. This is a crucial time for his music and we don't want to miss an opportunity. His music is too wonderful to not be heard. We are preparing to move to Austin in January, and we can't wait! Texas in general has always been so supportive of Dave's music and we love it there. We are so excited to see where the music takes us...


Make sure to stop by the blog and say hi! You can also find me on twitter here, I'd love to "meet" you all :)
--
Home is with you...

1 comment:

Ruthie Hart said...

I can't wait to give you a big hug in Austin Mallorie!!!