October 30, 2011

Guest Post: Mrs. T, Naturally

Today Kristen from Mrs. T, Naturally, is guest posting for me, and I can't tell you how much I seriously adore this girl! She has such a strong heart and mind, and has a way of explaining or saying things that I am never good at. I love who she is as a person, and she has the most beautiful little girl, Emma! Thank you soo much Kristen! Everyone, enjoy... and please visit her blog - you will love her! :)

********************************************************


Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord,
and he will repay him for his deed.
Proverbs 19:17


Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:27

We have so much.
We want so much more.
Where is your heart?
What is it focused on?
Loving others?
Mass consumerism?
Giving to those in need?

Pure and genuine religion to God means caring for others, and not being consumed with the world...

Religion is not:

going to church 3 times a week
leading a bible study group
praying before every meal
waiting til marriage to kiss
waiting til marriage to have sex
not drinking alcohol
refraining from smoking
refraining from pleasures in general
wearing skirts below your knee
going on a mission trip with your youth group every year


I hear Christians say, "I hate religion." 
"I don't have a religion, I just believe what the Bible says." 
"I'm not 'religious' I just love Jesus." 

Religion is not a list of rules.
Religion is simple. It is love
Love your neighbors. Love your Creator.

2 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

we talked about this exact thing two weeks ago at church and it was mind blowing how wealthy most Americans are. It made me blush thinking about how selfish I am at times...wanting to spend money on vacations and worldy items rather than give it to my God who has so freely given me so much undeserved grace, love and forgiveness. Our pastor gave us the challenge of tithing (giving the first 10%) for 3 months and Jon and I are trying it out. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us and I'm so glad all of this has been put into perspective for me.

Emily grapes said...

Loved every single word in this post. True true true on every single account.

Emily w/Amazing Grapes