July 5, 2011

Addicted to Buffalo Sauce

Yes, you read it right. Anything with buffalo sauce, I will definitely overinduldge. It's always been a favorite of mine whether it's wings, wraps, sammys, so anywhere I can incorporate it into a recipe, I will. Later in the post you'll see how! ;-)

This morning was an early morning as I had a doctor's appointment. The worst part wasn't getting a painful shot in my arm... it was knowing for the past two weeks that I was coming just for a painful shot in my arm. Boooo!

Thankfully it was a quick in-and-out process, and I was on the road. I had to reward myself for the pain, so I went to the starbucks near my house and got a delicious Mocha-Light Frappucino!

Heaven in a Cup :)

It may not have cured my arm pain, but it definitely helped!! Starbucks coffees always curve my appetite, so I didn't have anything for breakfast. Instead I used that time to prep tonight's dinner! I threw a few boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot with about a 1/4 cup water and set to low for the day. I also watched some tv at home and got ready for work.

Besides working, I spent most of my day checking up on the Casey Anthony story and verdict -- and at first the whole thing was almost nauseating, but the verdict was just revolting. I have a feeling today made history, and even though she got away with "not guilty", there is a higher judgement up above, and she will eventually get what she deserves.

My porch light is on tonight for Caylee.

Anway, after work, I came home and watched Scott play some ps3 and talked about our days at the office. Then I got down to business!

Tonight we had:

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches


This is a super easy and cheap DELICIOUS meal to make!
I used about 3 chicken breasts (boneless skinless works best) and put in the crockpot with about 1/4 cup water on the setting LOW for about 8 hours. Chicken broth instead of water works great too, but I didn't have any on hand.

The only other ingredients you need is anything to top your sandwich... (tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, lettuce, ranch/bleu cheese -- I actually put some parmesan cheese on mine and it was great!), and of course a bottle of Red's Hot Wing Sauce!!

Again, because of Julie's blog, Peanut Butter Fingers, I have fallen in love with 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. They're just the perfect amount of bread, and only 100 calories! They are only $2 at HEB, and it comes with 16 slices of yummy bread.



I didn't put the hot sauce on the chicken until I drained the water the chicken was cooking in all day, and I also shredded the meat. I wouldn't put too much sauce on the meat, as it can get runny and be veryyy spicy! About 1 cup works perfect for me! It should look like this:



My favorite sides to go with this are cucumbers because it goes great with all the spicyness. I also love to make roasted cauliflower! It's so easy, you set the oven to 400 degrees, and put the cauliflower on a non-grease pan topped with whatever seasoning you like (I usually use a tiny bit of salt and pepper, and some cayenne pepper for spice flavor). Stick it in the oven for 25 minutes and it is MONEY!

Here is my final deee-licious product.
I topped with some left over cole slaw (no sauce!) and tomatoes.


If you haven't tried this - you are missing out!!



Yum! Tonight I believe we are meeting one of Scott's old friends on a quick double-date late happy hour! Tuesday-Boozeday!! :-) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your buffalo chicken sandwiches. You always amaze me, how you can make such great dinners out of anything! Your blog looks great and it’s fun to read.

Mrs. T said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You're off to a great start!! :D
I just started about a month ago! It's fun. :)