When I was a kid, my mom made Roast Rice and Gravy every Thursday for dinner. It was my favorite meal growing up, and every so often I'll make it myself crockpot style!
This is super easy prepped recipe (took me about 5-7 minutes before I left for work yesterday morning). I urge you to make this crock pot recipe as it is so easy, clean up is easy, food is damn good - will leave your mouth watering for more! If you think I'm joking, before bed last night Scott was begging to have a second helping in a tortilla it was so good! You can also use the leftovers in sandwiches, tacos, etc., the meat stays tender for a good couple of days!
1 Rump Roast (I'd say it was about 1.5 lb, but we had tons of leftovers)
1 Tblsp Minced Garlic
1 Tblsp Seasoning (Your Choice, I used a little of Tony's and Salt/Pepper)
1 Small bag of baby carrots
1 Medium Onion
1 Small bag of Red Potatoes (about 5-6 is good, we ended up with tons, so you can do 3-4)
1 Box Beef Broth
1 Bag Brown Gravy Mix
2 Servings Whole Grain Brown Rice (Depends on how many your serving!, I use Boil-in-a-Bag)
1. Take Rump Roast and rub with Minced Garlic, and other seasonings - you can let it sit overnight if you're throwing in the crockpot the next morning, or you can place straight into Crockpot
2. Chop Onions and Potatoes, put in a bowl with the baby carrots
1. Pour Beef Broth into Crockpot with all other ingredients
2. Set on Low for 8-10 hours (If cooking quickly, High for 4-5 hours)
3. When ready to start getting dinner ready, boil Rice for 8-10 minutes
4. Take 1 Cup of the Juices from the Crockpot and put in a small saucepan, and empty brown gravy mix in. Bring to boil, then simmer for 1 minute on reduced heat. Stir occasionally to develop a gravy.
5. Serve Meat and Vegetables over Rice and Gravy and Enjoy!
So tender and delicious flavor! Great for families as this was my favorite "healthy" meal as a kid!
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Don't forget to enter the big Group Giveaway going on over at Ruthie's blog! I am giving away a Starbucks giftcard! There is also Nordstroms, Target, and Sephora giftcards up for grabs too and some fabulous bloggers to meet!!