Anyway, I go to check my inbox of my email last night and this is what I see....
Ughhhh... wth!? If anyone knows how to avoid this ^^, please let me know. Just been moving them to the spam folder.
I finally got to go grocery shopping yesterday after clipping some coupons from our mail, and ended up scoring HUGE with spending only $100 and getting at least 2 full weeks of food! No joke! We are usually spending close to $200 per 2 weeks, so I am super pleased.
this past weekend, I had to make the man happy :-). Good thing he told me BEFORE I left for the store.
I would say they're completely homemade, but then I'd be lying. After a 9 hour day downtown and being in traffic, going to fedex in time for a pickup, I didn't want to go too crazy in the kitchen, so I got a little sloppy joe seasoning packet.... BUT I halfed the recipe so it'd only be for two, and I spruced it up with lots of veggies. So I'd like to say homemade(ish).
1/2 lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
1 Packet Sloppy Joe Seasoning
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Chives
1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
3 oz. Can Tomato Paste
3/4 Cup Water
2 Slices of Meunster Cheese
2 Wheat Buns
1. Brown Meat in Skillet over Medium High Heat
2. While meat is cooking, chop up the vegetables and place to the side
3. Once meat is cooked, add in the water, vegetables, tomato paste, and seasoning and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Preheat oven to BROIL.
5. Put two bottom buns on a pan and your serving of the meat on each bun. Place the other two tops of bread on the pan for toasting. Top with a slice of meunster cheese, and put in oven for 2-3 minutes.
6. Let cool for a minute, then serve with a side of vegetables, chips, etc. Enjoy!
It was a huge win for my first experience cooking it! Next time, I want to try without the seasoning packet. But it really just replaces the ketchup/brownsugar/redwinevinegar/etc. so we will see - this was really good! Super easy 30 mintute or less meal! Great man-meal!!