Servings: 25-30 rolls
For the egg rolls:
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1-9 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1-7oz can diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 package of egg roll or wonton wrappers
For the Spicy Avocado Ranch Dip:
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup Milk
Spicy Ranch Packet (Dry Seasoning)
Chives or Cilantro for Garnish :-)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together corn, beans, spinach, cheese, chiles, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Using a small spoon, scoop a small amount of filling onto the wrapper.
3. Starting at a corner, carefully start to roll the wrapper. When it’s slightly rolled, tuck in the two side and continue rolling to the last point. Wet your finger with water and dab a bit on the corner to seal the egg roll.
4. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet.
5. Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes, flipping them at least once during baking.
Spicy Avocado Ranch Dip:
1. Mash Avocado in a small-med sized bowl, leaving as chunky or smooth to your liking.
2. Empty dry seasoning packet and add in milk and mayo, and whip into a dip. If you have a blender or food processor, this would be a perfect dip to blend. I wanted my avocado to be a little chunkier, so I did it by hand.
3. Top with chives or cilantro for garnish, and dip those egg rolls! So good!
You can find these egg roll wrappers in the grocery store in the refridgerated section by the Asian influenced foods like tofu and sushi. A pack of 16 is only $1.20, friends! SO inexpensive. All of the vegetables were in the frozen isle for around a $1 for over 16oz which is more than double what the recipe calls for. Like I said, incredibly delicious, meatless, brilliant appetizer to make for a party. Our friends loved them!
Another thing I definitely wanted to mention is that you can add shredded chicken to these for more protein and it would probably be even better!!
I had so many leftover egg roll wraps, and plan to make these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls next week! Will definitely post how they turn out!
This recipe is Pinspired by Cake & Ally.
Happy Hump day! Make it a great one!