July 6, 2012

Chicken Teryaki Stir Fry

I feel like this week has been so short due to having off on the 4th for the first time!! I am still so glad it is Friday! We don't really have plans as of yet, but I know some book reading and relaxin by the pool with a marg is in my agenda!

Last night, my brother Chris was over and he and Scottie were playin NBA 2K12 (is any other girl's man obsessed w/ this game?! Scott raps to the songs... lol), and I decided to make something new in the kitchen!

I had bought a frozen bag of stir fry veggies about a week ago and I knew I wanted to use them but I didn't know much what for. The veggies included broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, red peppers, water chestnuts, green bell peppers, and onions. So I pulled out two chicken breasts, thawed them, cut them into little diced pieces, and marinated them in a low sodium teryaki sauce for about an hour while I cleaned up around the house etc.

When I was ready to cook, I drained most of the teryaki sauce in the sink and with some oil heated over med-high on the stove, I cooked up the chicken - it already smelled delicious!

Once the chicken was cooked, I added in that frozen bag of veggies, a little more oil to cover, and a little more teryaki sauce and cooked on high heat for abuot 5 minutes...

Quick and AMAZING. I definitely recommend this! If you think about it, the teryaki sauce bottle I got from HEB was only about 1.25, the veggies were 1.15, and two chicken breasts... very inexpensive and I topped this mixture over whole grain rice!


The boys LOVED it! It was veggie-full, filling, flavorful, just great! I will be making this again for sure!

The rest of last night we just relaxed and I started reading a new book that Helen let me borrow. Huxley's favorite place to cuddle up is right next to his mama.


So does anyone have any plans this weekend!!?? I'm posting Mondays giveaway in this post to be easy to get to - 2 days left!! Monday morning  I will announce *8* winners!!

7 comments:

Stesha said...

what a great giveaway!!! happy weekend!

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

chicken stir fry, yes please!

wish i could enter this giveaway, bummerr! ha

xxA

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious! I must try it :)

I'm glad I found your blog. I love following other Christian bloggers!

Brooke Hamilton said...

ooo yum! I love teryaki! I'll have to try it with beef!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

It's lounge time! I hope your weekend is terrific. Drink a marg for me!

Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

That chicken stir fry looks so delicious! I definitely need to try it out!

Amanda said...

YUM! This sounds delicious and super easy :) I definitely am going to try this for when I finally open that bottle of teriyaki sauce in the pantry!