October 18, 2011

Austin's Fire Relief Concert

Yesterday, I was lucky to win 3 tickets to the Fire Relief Concert going on at the Frank Erwin Center in downtown Austin. I immediately called Scottie and my brother who just moved to Austin, Chris, to see if they wanted to go! Unfortunately Scott had a lot of work to take care of at home and couldn't make it. :( But I am glad Chris and I got to spend some QT and hang out!

I was so amazed by this concert! The Fire Relief concert was a way to bring a lot of Central Texas together to hear a variety of great music and find a way to help the victims that were affected by wildfires. They had several firefighter volunteers and donations set up everywhere. All ticket profits and some concession profits went to victims. And ALL these great artists performing in ONE venue on ONE night??! That just doesn't happen.

We got to see: Willie Nelson, the Dixie Chicks, George Strait, Eric Johnson, Randy Rogers Band, Ray Benson, Asleep at the Wheel, Lyle Lovett, and others. They all donated their time to come help raise money for Central Texas Fire Victims. I was so so impressed!

Chris and I had a great time listening to some old school music all the way to some AMAZING Randy Rogers - Gahhh if you like Texas Country and haven't heard Randy play - you need to watch the video below just for a second! :)

I am so glad I attended this concert, it was so much fun!

Now, our seating wasn't too bad but wasn't very close, so a lot of pictures I took were of the jumbo-tron hehe. Enjoy the recap pictures, and have a great Tuesday!











Videos:




*I am still adding videos but the uploading is taking forever, so stand by please! Thank you! :)*

4 comments:

Michelle said...

how awesome!

Ruthie Hart said...

okay so I saw a lot of people post about George Strait last night on FB and I had no idea about this concert! AWESOME!

Leah said...

I had no clue about this concert either. How cool that they did that!

Courtney B said...

LUCKY girl!! This sounds amazing!
By the way.. you are GORGEOUS!