October 28, 2011

Guest Post: Meet Mrs. Ruthie Hart :)

Hey everyone! I have a very special treat for you today as one of my favorite bloggers and amazing girls, Ruthie, will be guest posting while I'm away! I have grown so close to Ruthie personally within the last several months and you'll read below just how much we really have in common! She is the most fun, full hearted girl who I admire so much! Show her some love for me!! :) *Thank you Ruthie for your amazing post!!*

*****************************************

Hi there Maggiano Takes Austin Readers! 

My name is Ruthie Hart and I am a fellow Austin blogger and actually went to high school with Miss Amanda. I blog about my little newlywed life over here. Amanda has been such a blessing to me in the blog world. She is beautiful, positive and so supportive of her friends. I <3 her! 

So here I am....


& my two cute boys
(hubby-jon & frenchie-ernie)


Speaking of pups, how adorable is Huxley?!

I remember when Amanda sent me an email saying her and Scottie were getting a tiny little Boston Terrier...I was beyond excited. Although Ernie and Hux haven't met yet, I know they will be BFFs (playdate soon??).


So I know Amanda and I feel the same about our fur-babies.

We are obsessed. 

Well...obsessed is the wrong word. We are in love!

Jon and I picked up Ernie from the breeder in Dallas 2 days after returning from our honeymoon, and it happened to be Valentine's Day. You know how people talk about love at first sight? That is how it was with Ernie. Jon got to meet him a couple weeks before but I had only seen pictures. 

How could you not fall in love with this precious chunk?
 (my first picture with Ernie)


Everyday when I come home from work at 5pm, Ernie is waiting for me (in fact I get more kisses from him than my hubby!). Jon will tell me that if I have somewhere to go after work, Ernie will stress and pace wondering where mama is. 

We play together. We walk together. I talk to him. I spoon him at night. He is somewhere between my baby son and the greatest friend I've ever had. He keeps me company when Jon travels for work. And he always has the funniest expression on his flat little face. 


Ernie brings so much joy into my life. 

Some people have dogs to have a pet. Ernie is more than that. He is my family. 

My family

So enough of the sappy stuff (and yes I sometimes tear up when thinking about how much I love Ernie...can you imagine when I have kids?!), I do blog about fun things too!

I recapped my February 5th wedding in a total of 16 posts.


I've tried my hand at being a domestic diva in the kitchen


And I consider my self pretty crafty :-)



I'd love for you to stop by my blog and say hello!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Well what can I say - Ruthie is one of my real-life best friends, so I'm a little biased! And as far as the blog world goes, Amanda and Ruthie have been such great supporters! Yall are great :)

Unknown said...

You're killing me Ruthie! Dave and I want a dog SO badly, but with all the traveling, moving, and lack of funds...it just hasn't been the right time yet. Hopefully soon though!

Ruthie Hart said...

thank you so much for the love Amanda!! I had so much fun writing this post and I can't wait for our pups to be besties!!!! xoxo