October 21, 2011

Huxley and the Hairdryer

I am so glad it is Friday! It has been a long week working overtime and trying to shake a cold! Scottie and I don't have plans for this weekend yet, but we do have good news!

So last year, I moved into the apartment we're in now, but it wasn't the apartment we had signed a lease for. I mean, it was, but it was a handicapped version of it - so doors were wider, the bathroom is probably half of our house (that part I wasn't complaining about ;-)) and the counters were lowered. Because it was move in day, I was so upset but still had to go somewhere. So we moved in on condition that we could have a free transfer at any time with no admin or deposit fees.

Well, the market value for apartments has been insane lately, but finally this past month I found the layout I wanted and the location of our complex. Our complex is beautiful, white picket fences, dog parks, basketball courts, and greenery everywhere. We're also in a cul de sac on our own street. I absolutely love it! We got it at the same rent we're paying now (thank goodness, rents are over $100 what we're paying right now so I am grateful), and we move on my birthday weekend!! (Dec 8-10th) :) Yay! I am so happy we'll finally be in a normal non-awkward looking apartment where I can decorate the way I want to!!!

Anyway, that's really all I have for today. Making some delicious recipes over the weekend that will be posting up next week and a possible guest post so stay tuned!

As I get back to work, enjoy watching Huxley's new obsession. My hair dryer. (sorry it is kind of dark - late at night) - You would think he'd be afraid of vaccuum cleaners and hairdryers, but he is in full force taking this thing on! Haha, it is too funny. (Btw, yes. I'm sitting on the floor playing with a hairdryer with my dog. don't judge me :) hehe)


Of Possible Interest: Here is a fun site my coworker found me it's a visual quiz offered by New York Times Personality Quiz! Are you a trend setter like me? Click [here] the take the quiz!

Linking up with:

life rearrangedBWS tips button

4 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

congrats on your new pad! That is so great you will get to make it more 'homey'. Even though we rent our house I HAD to paint to make it feel like our own! Hux is too funny with the hair dryer!!!!!!! Ernie hates mine so I blow it at him and he runs away lol

Courtney said...

Yay!!! How exciting to be moving somewhere you love. I hope it all goes wonderfully and smoothly and that you can enjoy your birthday in the process!

Megan said...

WOOHOO!! Congrats on your new place! That's so exciting!!!

ashley marie wilson said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww YAAAAY my sista :) so happy you get to place you wanted...picket fences and all. Me and Kevin actually found THE PERFECT place to live this past Sunday. Like seriously perfect. A tad out of our budget so we are totally praying about it and beliving in God for that. I'm so excited for you though, it'll be soon!!! happy for you love. xoxoxo.